Technical Support Representative GFI Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DescriptionCompany Description
GFI Software pioneers powerful, award-winning IT solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) ? and we make them affordable and easy to use. We have offices in the USA, the UK (London and Dundee), Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania. We also have partners and customers the world over, so we can provide localized customer service, see the big issues, spot emerging trends and provide solutions ahead of the market.
Technical Support Representative - Ref: USTSR
Provides technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone, email and/or internet chat. Serve as primary support liaison between GFI and customer. The Technical Support Representative may be required to test and evaluate GFI software and perform basic network administrator tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve clients' technical questions or problems over the telephone, email and/or internet chat in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements.
- Convey customer feedback to product development staff.
- Keep customer informed of how and when problems are resolved.
- Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Escalating issues that require it in a timely manner.
- Responsible for appropriate referral to other support and quality assurance areas.
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users.
- May be responsible for resolving technical support escalations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of mail-technology (SMTP/IMAP/POP).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of various email systems, including Exchange Server.
- Able to resolve general product problems via telephone or email support.
- Good writing, editing, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Experience with different operating systems and servers.
- Proficient PC skills used, as required, for testing, troubleshooting, call logging, product programming.
- Professional presentation required.
- Strong oral communication skills; heavy telephone and/or email, internet chat usage.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills.
Education / Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Computer Science.
- MCSA or MCSE certification is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Product Support or related field required.
||15300 Weston Parkway |
Cary, NC 27513
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED