Technical Training Instructor, North America
"Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year."
The Tesla Technical Training Instructor position requires someone who is flexible, proactive, highly organized, and hard working. Individuals should have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles. Must have outstanding communication, presentation and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional appearance. The Tesla Technical Training Instructor will take responsibility for developing courses, mentoring Service Technicians in areas of technical knowledge and procedures, and promoting excellence in customer service.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide service specific training to Tesla Motors' technicians on electric vehicles equipped with complex automotive/electromechanical systems (powertrain, passive restraint system, steering/suspension/brakes, thermal management). Provide specific & general training on high voltage DC systems.
- Train and develop Service Technicians on inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Deliver Technical Training courses across North America.
- Knowledge of: methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Develop training materials in close consultation with Service and Field Service Engineering.
- Ensure that programs and processes are developed, assessed, communicated, and administered in compliance with Tesla's objectives.
- Assist with the operations at the Fremont Training Center that include: inventory, vehicles, room setup, service center contacts, phone calls and scheduling.
- Degree or Certificate from a University program in Automotive Technology.
- Experience as a Technical Trainer.
- Service Technician background preferred.
- Willing to travel.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
- Strong automotive system repair knowledge and training experience.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to be proactive, flexible, confident, professional, self-motivated and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Skilled with common workplace and database software (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Valid passport.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|