Technical Writer Arbor Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED OPCO Description
Arbor Networks is a leading provider of network security and monitoring solutions for global networks. Its customers include over 70 percent of the world?s ISPs and many large enterprises. Arbor solutions deliver best-in-class network security and visibility, along with the power to improve profitability by deploying differentiated, revenue-generating secure services. By employing flow-based and deep packet inspection (DPI) technologies, Arbor solutions measure and protect the entire network ? from the service provider core to the broadband edge.
Please Note: The Comms Group will not accept un-solicited resumes. We only will pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a signed recruiting agreement in place with Tektronix Communications, Arbor Networks, Fluke Networks or VSS Monitoring prior to the submittal and it must be signed by myself or our VP, Talent Acquisition and the resume must be submitted to a specific requisition that the agency was invited to work through our vendor management system. In the case that a candidate is submitted or presented to one of these companies by a recruiting agency without a signed agreement, Tektronix Communications, Arbor Networks, Fluke Networks and VSS Monitoring reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiting agency.
Technical Writer Job Description
Arbor Networks is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to create user documentation and online help for our network security products. This position is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Using your research and communication skills, you will work with other teams, including Product Management, Engineering, and QA, to understand product design and functionality. You will research available information, interview technical experts, and then write user documentation and online help to document the installation, configuration, and use of our products.
The Technical Writer responsibilities include the following:
- With minimal supervision and general task definition, write or modify user documentation including user guides and online help, to meet specified requirements and deadlines
- Interview engineers and subject matter experts to understand and translate content into documentation for end users
- Interpret engineering design documents and specifications with minimal help from senior team members.
- Demonstrate drive to understand customer needs and gain product knowledge
- Understand the principles and mechanics of single-sourced documentation
- Understand and follow the company?s Technical Documentation Style Guide
- Where appropriate, achieve business goals by working with cross functional teams
- Create screenshots for use in product documentation
- Identify potential process improvements for adoption by the Doc Team
- Accurately estimate writing and publishing tasks
- Occasionally travel to the company?s Massachusetts office
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated editing skills
- Demonstrated mastery of authoring and publishing tools
- Demonstrated mastery of grammar principles for writing for translation
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Bachelor?s or Master?s degree in technical writing, journalism, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of technical writing experience for engineering audiences
- A work history with MS Office applications, help authoring applications such as RoboHelp, and desktop publishing applications such as Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of network security and TCP/IP protocol a plus
- Knowledge of MadCap Flare a plus
- Ability to create illustrations (line drawings) a plus
Applicants must provide two writing samples for consideration. Please provide the work sample files in the original authoring program (for example, MS Word) as well as PDFs.
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher?s portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher?s 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Organization: Arbor Networks
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-United States-MI-Ann Arbor
Nearest Major Market: Ann Arbor
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segments: Engineer, Technical Writer, Writing, Network Security, QA, Engineering, Technology, Creative, Security, Quality
||Ann Arbor, MI |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED