Technical Writer Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
About Tesla Motors
Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles â€" relentlessly driving Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We are looking for a junior or intermediate technical writer with hardware knowledge who can reasonably understand the complex problems that occur on a modern high-tech automobile. There is no requirement to understand the latest EV technology; we will train on these systems if needed. A general understanding of automotive technology is preferred.
- Write technical automotive documents, primarily focusing on service bulletins for the service department but not excluding various training aids and internal communications documents.
- Manage the current documents and all new documents in a document/change control database.
- Follow up with various engineering and quality teams to gather technical information. Understand the problems and communicate them into the proper bulletin.
- Validate the information for accuracy and use a routing and review process to get approval on the documents.
- Bachelor's degree in English, technical writing, or a related degree, and/or 2-4 years of technical writing experience
- Experience in automotive repair or automotive engineering (design or testing) preferred
- Must be able to extract and comprehend system operation from typical engineering documentation (schematics, subsystem specifications, or equipment spec docs)
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization
- Good understanding of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven professional attitude toward work assignments and customer relationships
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Pro-active team player who thinks ahead, plans, and suggests solutions
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Positive attitude toward change and inevitable mid-project course corrections
- Moderate skill in photography and audio visual a plus
- Mechanical aptitude with hand tools a plus
- Experience in Adobe FrameMaker or similar structured authoring tool a plus
- Experience in HTML, XML, or other markup language a plus
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED