Technical Writer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Create, revise, and maintain planning documents in support of the Quality Management System and Customer contract requirements.
- Apply knowledge of processes and materials; including fabrication, machining, and assembly for primary and secondary structural components, plumbing assemblies, and engine components.
- Interpret technical documents in regards to aerospace manufacturing, assemblies, database systems, and processes to create accurate planning.
- Process the necessary documentation to complete job assignments and resolve discrepancies in order to expedite the flow of material
- Interact with shop personnel to ensure work instructions are accurate and comprehensible.
- Resolve discrepancies arising from incorrect paperwork or other related problems
- Effectively use support groups to resolve constraints or problems.
- Provide status to management on work load and task assignments. Work with management to assist in resolving problems and developing methods and techniques for assured department capability
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum of 2 â€" 3 years in Automotive or Aviation industry planning or technical writing required
- General knowledge and ability to read and interpret CAD (NX 6)
- Familiarity with mechanical processes in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical, computer, and written skills. Microsoft applications (Excel and Power Point) a must.
- Possess capacity to read and understand technical drawings and schematics
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Exposure to Teamcenter desirable
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED