Technical Writer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Location: San Francisco
We are looking for a brilliant (but humble) technical writer to join the Splunk docs team. Your system administration and/or business intelligence background will enable you to work in close partnership with engineering and technical support to create and maintain our online user documentation and in-product user assistance. You must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where a sharp sense of humor is basic currency. Our documentation is edited live in a custom MediaWiki instance and continuously updated with improvements and new features.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
* Write technical documentation for our core product customers, including people administering enterprise software environments, managing knowledge objects, and building reports
* Document other Splunk apps to meet the specific needs of audiences such as Unix or Windows system administrators, security operations specialists, and network administrators
* Become an expert in Splunk, ready to discuss and demonstrate technical details with developers, product managers, support engineers, and customers on a daily basis
* Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set
* Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner
* Collaborate with other writers and coordinate shared content and deliverables
Requirements: I have that!
* 3+ years of researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for senior system administrators and business analysts
* Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux and/or Windows system administration tasks, such as role administration, license management, security, networking, and distributed server environments
* Experience with business intelligence tools and data analytics
* Hands-on experience writing regular expressions and SQL queries
* Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
*MUST live in Bay Area (ideally commute to San Francisco office, but will consider candidates that live closer to our Cupertino office that are willing to come to San Francisco 1-2 times per week).
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.
||San FranciscoWe are looking for |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED