Technician Trainee - Composites SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Technician Trainee - Composites
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 70% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Hands on contribution in the Composites department, directly associated with the build and production of spacecraft and launch vehicles.
- Will be working as a trainee and mentored to develop the skill set appropriate for assigned department.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree desired. An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education is acceptable. Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be a hardworking, go getter with a great attitude to succeed.
- Basic Mechanical/Electrical skills required.
- Experience with various types of hand tools, hand-held power tools, or automated tools.
- Strong team working skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be open to different shifts and working overtime.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be within commutable distance to Hawthorne, CA.
- Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience with mechanical/electrical assembly, carpentry, plumbing or any manufacturing or construction trade.
- Some experience of space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, an understanding for drawing symbols, flag notes and general notes.
- Clean Room experience is preferred.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED