Temporary Engineering Technician Purcell Systems Incorporated
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Department: Sustaining Engineering
Assist in new product design and development of custom outdoor power and radio cabinets in a fast paced engineering environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Work with engineers to develop a test strategy to diagnose product problems and analyze test data for suggested improvements. Record data in an electronic format for permanent records.
2. Generate test reports to present to the engineering team. Maintain the lab test report database.
3. Exercise technical judgment in the substitution of parts and materials for quick prototype testing.
4. Validate overall system performance of DC power plants, air conditioners, heat exchangers and forced air cooling systems.
5. Coordinate Bills of Material updates, reviews and structuring throughout the design process as assigned.
6. Provide input on processes, procedures, materials, and services to support innovation and continuous improvement.
7. Support other team members by assisting with test equipment setup and training on how to use.
8. Construct engineering mock-ups to analyze concepts.
9. Research and recommend components for use in engineering designs.
10. Support off-site qualification testing for engineering development programs.
11. Complete other tasks, assignments, and projects as directed.
Education and Experience:
1. Associate's degree in technical or engineering-related field preferred.
2. Minimum two years experience in a manufacturing environment providing testing and qualitative evaluation required.
3. Knowledge of data acquisition equipment and set-up to characterize system level thermal performance required.
4. Ability to operate and maintain basic lab equipment such as scope and DMM required.
5. Strong understanding of AC/DC fundamentals and HVAC operations preferred.
6. Experience using ORCAD or similar schematic capture software preferred.
7. Ability to create, read and interpret mechanical drawings, electronic schematics and test reports preferred.
8. Knowledge of Telcordia GR-487, UL 50, and UL 508A preferred.
The incumbent will be notified of his or her work schedule. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The incumbent may work in both office and manufacturing environments. While in the production area, employees may be exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc., and must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices. The temperature in the production facility fluctuates with changing seasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
||Spokane, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED