Test Engineer â€" Powertrain Validation
(Location: Palo Alto, California)
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the vehicle level system validation test team. The responsibility of this team is to validate all software functionality on vehicle level. Focus is on both, function and safety. The unique knowledge of Tesla Motors contains various parts of the powertrain including battery management, motor torque control and supervision, charge management and drive safety. Tesla vehicles are high performance vehicles and this performance must get validated with each change in firmware. It is important to tune the vehicle functionalities in a very detailed way to achieve the high approach of Tesla Motors with every release. Also many new functions are getting in the cars during the development, where the validation responsible must gather all information to verify that the new features are working correct under all conditions. The team has to maintain a strong interaction with all other development and validation engineering team to create the best possible understanding of our product.
- Promote and protect Tesla's reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world's most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide.
- Create test specification out of requirement documentation
- Execute test specification in the car and document results in a process conform manner
- Report and investigate any upcoming issues including tracking and documentation
- Validate all powertrain functionality including performance and failure reaction safety
- Interact with various ECUs via CAN and Ethernet bus
- Handle and program bus interface tools such as Vector or PCAN
- Invent tools for post-drive data analysis (e.g. MATLab, Python, etc.)
- Interact with all levels of engineering to gather best possible system understanding
- Bachelors Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent required
- Experience in vehicle test design and execution
- Drivers license class C with at least 5 years of driving experience
- Experience in vehicle dynamics testing
- CAN tools knowledge
|Location:||Deer Creek, AR |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|