Test Engineer â€" Test Automation (Python)
(Location: Palo Alto, California)
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the vehicle level system validation test team. The responsibility of this team is to validate all software functionality on vehicle level. Focus is on both, function and safety. For various vehicle behaviors we are developing automated test setups. This contains all body controls, user interface interaction, chassis functions and powertrain. For realization of the automation we spread out in diverse fields of engineering such as handling sensors and actuators, programming test sequence scripts, creating SW/HW interfaces. The automated evaluation of test result data is as important as the automated test sequence creation out of test specification. This test specification has to be defined in close collaboration with the software and hardware development engineers and with other test level team such as board level software testing.
- Promote and protect Tesla's reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world's most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide.
- Create test specification out of requirement documentation
- Execute test specification and document results in a process conform manner
- Report and investigate any upcoming issues including tracking and documentation
- Support and improve existing test automation framework in LabView / VeriStand environment
- Create and maintain Python test automation code
- Invent SW / HW interfaces for the purpose of automated test execution
- Create tools and interfaces for test creation and result evaluation
- Interact with all levels of engineering to gather the best possible system understanding
- Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent required
- Experience in automated test design and execution
- Intermediate user of python scripting language
- Base knowledge in C programming
- LabView / VeriStand advanced user
- CAN tools knowledge
- Automotive or green energy background a plus
|Location:||Deer Creek, IL |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|