Test Systems Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Test Systems Engineer
Texas - Test Operations and Engineering | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Help interpret and flow down project requirements including testing objectives, test configuration, relevant performance characteristics, pass/fail criteria, etc.
- Coordinate with test engineer in preparation for projects by ensuring all required documentation is in place. This can include test procedures and work orders.
- Maintain systems level site projects schedules to assist in the establishment of site priorities.
- Help determine the appropriate allocation of company resources (personnel, facilities, vendors and subcontractors, etc.) to meet project objectives.
- Monitor and manage unplanned work (Issues and Trac tickets) associated with projects, and ensure work is completed prior to required milestones.
- Prepare for and lead critical reviews such as test readiness reviews and hardware pre-ship. Reviews include a set of entrance and exit criteria. Establish a list of required actions coming from reviews, delegate actions appropriately, and oversee closure in a timely manner.
- See that all documentation associated with projects are completed upon project's completion
- Responsible for hardware configuration management during project lifecycle
- Identify, understand, and track risks that may affect project success. This includes design, quality, and schedule. Must be aware of design and process changes that may affect hardware, and effectively communicate these changes to relevant parties. Mission management should be made aware of significant hardware changes and risks.
- Participate in the development of facility capacity planning at least to the extent that impact on resource and schedule can be understood
- Effectively communicate information between involved groups including Hawthorne production, engineering departments, and launch facilities. Relay status of projects to management and other relevant parties.
- Strive for continual improvement by participating in after action reviews. Work with management to see corrective actions associated with lessons learned implemented. See that lessons learned are communicated to other relevant parties
- Ensure projects meet project management requirements per AS9100 standards and customer requirements
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors in Engineering + 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in testing of complex engineering systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Understanding of government and industry standards that drive requirements definition is a plus
Software/Computer Skills and Required Skill Level:
- Strong communication skills
- Good organization and time management
- Ability to work under mental and physical stress
- Ability to survive and thrive in a fast-pace, challenging environment
- Windows Operation Systems, Intermediate
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote), Intermediate
- Microsoft Project, Expert
- CAD modeling (Unigraphics NX preferred) and Teamcenter, Novice, preferred
- NI LabVIEW, Novice-Intermediate
- MATLAB, Novice-Intermediate
Additional position information
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying light weight such as materials or equipment
- Occasionally exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments â€" heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
Work Hours and Conditions:
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Overtime is frequently required for particular tasks or test series
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED