Test Technician (Propulsion), Texas SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Test Technician (Propulsion), Texas
Texas - Test Operations and Engineering | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX Test Technicians work in a fast-paced environment, supporting a variety of propulsion and structural systems tests. Specific responsibilities associated with this job include:
- Ensure all engine and structural test stand related equipment/services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
- Monitor and maintain a reasonable inventory of cryogenic equipment, including transfer and storage dewars, transfer tubes, fittings, hoses, and other supplies
- Maintain inventory of engine spare parts and equipment to repair or replace defective components
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and instrumentation as needed
- Fabricate and repair engine hardware and equipment
- Collaborate with design engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure all engine components and materials are clean and inspected according to Clean for Oxygen Service Standards
- Operate and maintain hardware, high pressure systems and pumps, and other ancillary equipment including pneumatic components
- Build and maintain structural and engine test equipment
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required
- Perform a variety of related duties in support of engine testing and structural test stand programs
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree, preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Some experience in the space exploration industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment is highly preferred
- Entry level positions available and training provided for all job responsibilities, experience in ground support equipment in an aerospace industry highly preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and experience (work with machines and general tooling)
- Formalized mechanical training, skilled in hand and power tool usage
- A demonstrated experience where quick-thinking and problem solving plays a critical role
- A&P license, a plus
- Knowledge of high vacuum systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of all types of bore scope inspection equipment
- Knowledge of different fittings such as NPT and A/N
- Ability to utilize power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical manuals and reports
- Use of precision measuring instruments
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Be able to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
Additional position information
- Ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment
- Good response to challenges posed by short deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required, also the ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position >50lbs
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments â€" heat, cold, rain
Work Hours and Conditions:
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Overtime is frequently required for particular tasks or test series
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED