Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
Support | Boston, MA, United States
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Customer Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities will include working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues, providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions. This individual will also work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements. As a member of Customer Support, the candidate will be part of a Global team interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Europe and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- 3+ years work experience in online technical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- On-call availability
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of PC and/or Mac applications and network based products
- Familiarity and working knowledge with AS3 and/or Java and API developer support experience
- Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications is a plus
- Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including Java, PHP, or .Net is a plus.
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts, conveniently located near the South Station stop on the Red line.
Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We've worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services