Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer - Production Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer - Production
Technical Support | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 584
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success?
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Technical Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities will include working directly with customers via phone, email and live chat; to respond to technical issues, providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions.
This individual will also work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements. As a member of Technical Support, the candidate will be part of a Global team interacting closely with Support offices in the UK, Europe, Singapore and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- 3-5+ years work experience in online technical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask
- 24-/7 On-call availability on a rotation basis
- Late shift requirement on a weekly basis
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of PC and/or Mac applications and network based products
- Proficient Knowledge of internet architecture including advanced troubleshooting in networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications is a plus
- Experience in a fast paced production environment as a point of triage for all escalated issues real-time with a strong emphasis on case management and resolution
- Ability to manage multiple technical issues, identify trends and properly document information to ensure swift resolution
- Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including Java, PHP, or .Net is a plus
- Exposure to CRM tracking for all customer communications and case handling as well as exposure to Engineering and Product tools
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services