Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla achieved profitability early Q1 of 2013 and delivered more than 4,900 Model S to customers in North America. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
As a Tooling Coordinator in Tesla's Global Service Team, you will be responsible for supporting the distribution and tracking of Tesla custom tooling to service centers in Europe.
- Assist the EU Service Team to forecast custom tooling quantity requirements
- Coordinate with Headquarters in Fremont on tooling procurement and bulk shipment to Tilburg
- Maintain tooling inventory and tracking, which includes but not limited to: confirm receipt and inventory the items in the warehouse, organize the inventory in the warehouse to maximize inbound/outbound workflow efficiency, and document all tracking information when distributing to each service location
- Define European non-custom tooling requirements and work with 3rd party tooling vendor for procurement, implementation, and problem resolution
- Support minor assemblies and customization of tools as necessary
- Support any special tooling requirements or concerns for Europe and take the lead on finding the solution
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
- You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a hands-on builder. You'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience in automotive component design and project management experience
- Experience with PLM Systems, preferably ENOVIA
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Demonstrates a proven ability to research information, solve challenging problems, and coordinate projects under tight timing constraints.
- Excellent fundamental engineering knowledge and have examples of applied engineering success through work, projects, or academic endeavors
- Familiarity with working with various outside suppliers and manage deliverables
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties
- Acute attention to detail
- Familiarity with SAP
- Working design experience or fluency in CATIA V5 (a plus)
- Mechanical aptitude, fabrication skills, machining, hand tools, and general electronics.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.