Tooling Planner SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Development of labor costs using estimated setup and run times for manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Obtain processing quotes from approved suppliers (heat treat, machining, finishing, etc.).
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years recent experience in aerospace manufacturing planning and estimating in an aerospace machine shop or job shop.
- Direct knowledge of 3, 4 & 5 Axis CNC Milling, waterjet programming, tooling fabrication and assembly.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing procedures.
- 3D CAD system experience with Solidworks/CATIA, or MasterCAM. Team Center UG 7.5 is a plus.
- Proactive, self-starter attitude and ability to follow up on projects from womb to tomb.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, parts lists and specifications.
- Intermediate skills with typing, MS Excel, Word, OneNote, Project & Outlook.
- Experience with production planning software or ERP systems.
- Positive, â€œcan-doâ€ attitude and ability to work in a very high paced environment.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED