Training Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
MUST be located near San Francisco
A training manager is responsible for managing the people and processes of technical training delivery. This manager will directly supervise U.S. instructors and will mentor and monitor partner and Splunk instructors outside the U.S.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Supervise/hire and mentor technical instructors
- Establish best practices for training delivery
- Monitor course delivery quality of Splunk instructors and training partner instructors
- Supervise training schedule creation
- Ensure lab infrastructure functions properly
- Work with the course development manager to make sure course materials are accurate
- Participate in education scoping calls
- Delight customers
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5-10 years experience with educational instructing within a enterprise software company
- Two years managing a team
- Three years as a technical instructor for an enterprise software company
- Experience recruiting and growing teams (not teams already in place)
- At least one year delivering or managing virtual training
- Two years managing a profit center with knowledge of revenue programs)
- Manage and mentor people
- Create scalable, non-bureaucratic processes
- Written and spoken communication that is clear and concise
- Manage to budget while proposing new opportunities to grow revenue
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence others in a cross-functional team
- Commute to our San Francisco office 2-3 times per week
- BS degree in CIS, technology, engineering or similar is a must
- MBA or advance degree in the above is a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED