About Tesla Motors:
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Reporting to the Director of Human Relations, the Transportation Manager oversees the company's employee transportation programs. The Manager will coordinate the employee shuttle program, alternative fuel vehicle fleet and other environmental transportation programs.
- Managing vendors and suppliers to ensure safe, timely performance of the employee shuttle program.
- Establish the strategy and performance criteria for shuttle program expansion including marketing the program and achieving ridership goals.
- Ensure the preventative maintenance of the company's fleet of vehicles.
- Establish and ensure compliance with vehicle operator qualifications.
- Facilitate the procurement of new technology alternative fuel vehicles.
- Oversee the budget and expenditures of the program.
- Participates in company environmental and commuter reduction programs including discount programs, carpools, vanpools and bicycle and pedestrian programs.
- Report on utilization, costs and other metrics to measure the program's performance.
- Liaison with local and regional transportation agencies.
- BA/BS required, masters preferred.
- Minimum seven years work experience with extensive background in public or private transportation required.
- Experience in developing and delivering Operating Budgets and Capital Plans required.
- Solid Leadership skills, demonstrated success in Organization development and leading a diverse workforce required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and experience as a Change Agent desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in a formal setting.
- Must have a strategic overview of business and demonstrated ability to work across functional lines.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational results and develop process controls to support
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|