UI Architect Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Are you an expert at building UI frameworks with cutting edge Web 2.0 technologies? Do you have experience building UI frameworks, including technology evaluation, selection, architecture and implementation? Would you appreciate an opportunity to help us to define and build our next generation Web UI Framework? If so, we would like to talk to you.
Guidewire is a successful enterprise software company which offers web-based software to the property-casualty insurance industry. Our products share a core technology platform that the Guidewire Platform team develops. The software we build must be able to work reliably with significant data volumes and under heavy load. One of our key differentiators is our software's high degree of configurability while still supporting upgrades. We have built a strongly typed, end-to-end UI testing framework to ensure our customers will be able to upgrade as we continue to modernize our UI framework. We are looking for a thoughtful, creative and highly-skilled senior engineer who can help us plan and develop our next generation user interface.
Our development process is sustainable (no death marches), work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, systematic, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers or at
Successful UI Architects on the Platform team at Guidewire typically have:
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desired:
- Experience with design and aesthetics from the standpoint of user interaction, information architecture, workflow, visual design, and overall usability
- Interest in modern development processes, such as TDD, Scrum, pair programming, Kanban
- Curiosity and motivation to pick up new technologies and programming techniques
- The desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team designing features and writing code
- Passion for code quality and testing best practices
- Independent problem solving skills, strong debugging and reverse engineering skills
- 5+ years java web development experience
- Hands-on participation in all aspects of UI architecture and design of core enterprise web and mobile applications
- Proven understanding of web architecture, UI frameworks and interactive design
- Design of the visual framework and workflow
- Rapid prototyping and innovation of new user experiences and concepts
- Experience with Ajax libraries such as Sencha ExtJs and Touch, Backbone.js, GWT, or JQuery
- Expertise in web-related performance and optimization techniques
- Experience writing automated UI tests with tools like Selenium or WebDriver
- Experience with localization and internationalization of software
- Key player in cross-functional collaboration between product management and product development teams.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services