UI - Senior Software Engineer, Browser Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you have the combination of strong object oriented software design skills and an intense desire to create easy to use, consistent and beautiful user interfaces?
If so, Workday is the place for you! At Workday, we are continually improving and innovating the user interface. This means we are constantly researching and utilizing the best technologies, such as GWT, to provide an unmatched user experience. We need your experience with rich client-side application frameworks, ability to tackle the tough cross browser issues, and determination to ship the highest quality web software to our fast growing list of enterprise customers.
Your software will never sit on a shelf at Workday; it will be in the cloud for customers to enjoy!
Required Skills & Experience
Additional Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong web technology experience:
- Expertise in cross browser implementation issues for:
- Solid understanding of client-side protocols:
- HTTP (GET, POST, URLs, hash, browser history, etc.)
- AJAX (or other RPC)
- Session/state management
- Strong Object Oriented Design and Programming Skills in Java
- Shipped production user-facing applications (on-premise or SaaS delivery)
- Experience with code repositories (e.g. SVN) and bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT) application development
- Agile development lifecycle (scrum, sprints, continuous development)
- SaaS software delivery
- Work closely with Product Management and User Experience to define new User Interface behaviors, widgets and containers â helping create a truly distinctive and world-class user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new UI features including visualization aspects and server interfaces/contracts.
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Have fun engineering software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services