UI Server Engineering Manager Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday was founded by software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri.Â Since its founding, Workday has become the leading provider of cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financials applications for medium and large enterprises worldwide.Â We are growing rapidly with offices in the United States, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong and Australia, while maintaining a solid company culture, one which Workday employees are self-disciplined, hard-working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful.Â
- Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain the core User Interface server platform that supports Workday's unique and innovative UI in a SaaS environment.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the direct report staff in both technical and non-technical issues. Ensure high productivity of team members, and provide support for their career growth and personal development.
- Plan releases and schedule development. Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks. Track and report progress of the project against key milestones. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project.
- Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Provide liaison with relevant parties, including product management, QA, other development teams, production, product support, etc., to facilitate the release process. Manage development related customer escalation when needed.
- Contribute to process improvement within development organization. Institute and adopt the best engineering practices.
Â Â Qualifications:
- Passionate about software development and building strong engineering teams.
- 8+ yearsÂ experienceÂ inÂ commercial enterprise software development. 3+ years experience in leading a software development team.Â
- Strong knowledge of server-side technologies. Experience in metadata driven declarative development environment is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to recruit, inspire and mentor developers.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering complex software projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience in a fast paced environment is a plus.
||Pleasanton, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services