UI- Software Engineer - Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Position: UI Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or Pleasanton, CA or Dublin, Ireland
Are you driven to provide unmatched user experience in the products you build? Are you even more determined to build user interfaces with strong engineering discipline utilizing the latest technologies? Come to Workday!
Workday is a fast growing, startup building the next generation of Business Applications in a SaaS model. We have top-notch development talent, experienced management, cool technology, paying customers, and solid funding. All this and much more make it a really great place to work!
We have immediate openings for engineers in our UI team to design and develop our next generation user interface. At Workday, all application user interfaces are dynamically generated from metadata â¦ what that means is that our UI team is focused entirely on building beautiful user experiences using advanced visualization techniques. To see samples of the UI youâll be developing, check out the demos here. Want to be part of the team inventing next generation of user interfaces or just curious? Give us a shout!
- 2+ years experience in developing complex applications preferably using JAVA or Flex
- Deep Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Familiar with and experience employing common UI Design Patterns (MVP, Dependency Injection, RPC etc.)
- 2+ years experience developing Rich Internet Applications using frameworks/libraries such as:
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams.
- Ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment.
- Ability to communicate designs
- Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.
- Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
- Work closely with Product Management to define new User Interface behaviors, widgets and containers â helping create a truly distinctive and world-class user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new UI features including visualization aspects and server interfaces/contracts.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Demonstrate and showcase highlights of contributions each product update.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the teamâs productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problem.
- Have fun engineering software
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services