UI/UX Designer Splunk
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you passionate about user interfaces, to the point where it annoys your friends? Do you analyze the menu while waiting in line at your local coffeeshop and come up with 10 ways they could make it easier to use and prettier? Do you think design has the power to change the world for the better?
If so, Splunk would like to hear from you. We're looking for a UI / UX designer with strong core design (visual and interaction) and presentation layer (HTML/CSS) skills to help us create the next generation of Splunk's user experience. We're a small team that works in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, so the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with developers and product managers is a must. The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centric design, an eye for detail, and a strong understanding of the design process.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Create clean, effective design solutions for complex user tasks
- Work with product managers to create effective UI solutions that support business requirements
- Work closely with UI developers to collaborate in rapid design-build cycles
- Creating and demonstrating design artifacts at every stage of design, from storyboards to high-fidelity prototypes
- Maintain and grow a library of design patterns for use in prototyping and UI specifications
- Solicit user feedback and be able to analyze, triage, and integrate feedback
- Expert knowledge of the complete design lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience designing web apps
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile a strong plus
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and design collaboratively in groups
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle, from requirements gathering to product launch
- A great portfolio of work
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.