UI/UX Engineer PeopleAdmin
Job TypeFull Time
PeopleAdmin pairs trailblazing Rails development with the goal of helping higher education institutions.
Our dev team functions in a collaborative environment, adhering to a philosophy of agile practices, open-source involvement, test-driven development, shared ownership and individual as well as team growth. There are no ivory towers here. Only an idea meritocracy where we work together to discover and deliver solutions of value to our business and the greater good of higher education that PeopleAdmin serves.
We are seeking a UI/UX Engineer with a proven ability to re-envision a functional interface and mold it into a smooth and efficient user experience. We want to work with an engineer who enjoys nothing more than distilling a complex set of requirements down to an clean, elegant design. And we want to find someone who can collaborate with us to help us all understand how to create a UI free of headaches and frustration.
If you crave a career with greater impact, a product that will challenge you and a team that works side by side to grow and evolve, PeopleAdmin may be the right place for you.
Our team members are rewarded for their skills and expertise. Beyond competitive compensation, there are quite a few perks to the job, including?
Working with a great team: You?ll have to meet us to see!
Non-accrual paid time off: Take the time you need as negotiated with your manager.
Flexible work schedules/locations: Want to work from the Grand Canyon via satellite for a couple weeks? No problem. We have a distributed team and are well set up with tools like Campfire to facilitate working remotely.
Company?s investment in you: Whether it?s books, courses, screencasts, or conferences, we provide ways for our developers to keep their knowledge current and their skills sharp.
Support for a healthy lifestyle: An on-site Whole Foods cafeteria and gym
Streamline user experience of current application
- Reduce complexity and confusion
- Increase intuitive use of product
- Standardize existing templates for uniform user experience
Work closely with Product Management to translate user requirements into design artifacts (such as wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, etc.)
Advocate design best practices
- Educate developers about UX principles
- Review and collaborate on front-end implementation
Identify path to mobile UI / usability standards
Evaluate and improve site accessibility standards compliance
Define and drive the product UI strategy and direction
- Full understanding of accessibility standards compliance (WCAG 2.0/508)
- Experience designing & applying interaction patterns to optimize user experience
- Ability to rapidly create storyboards, site flows, wireframes, and UI prototypes
- Experience conducting user interviews and usability testing
- Experience designing mobile interfaces for phones and tablets
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably practicing scrum
- Domain expertise with Human Resources/Talent Management enterprise software a huge plus
BS or equivalent work experience
Posting Detail Information
Open Until FilledYes
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (-).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
University Job Board
If you answered "Employee Referral" or "Other," please provide your referral source.
(Open Ended Question)
||Austin, TX |