UI / UX Researcher and Interaction Designer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you passionate about user interfaces, to the point where it annoys your friends? Do you analyze the menu while waiting in line at your local coffeeshop and come up with 10 ways they could make it easier to use and prettier? Do you think design has the power to change the world for the better?
If so, Splunk would like to hear from you. We're looking for a UI / UX designer with strong core design (visual and interaction) and UX research interaction and IA skills to help us create the next generation of Splunk apps. Splunk apps are add-ons to the core Splunk product that address a wide variety of specialized use cases. Working with the app teams gives you a great opportunity to push the boundaries of design and work on a variety of products.Please be aware that these are not mobile apps and this is not a mobile app design position.
We work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, so the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with many different developers and product managers is a must. The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centric design, an eye for detail, and a strong understanding of the design process.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Create clean, effective design solutions for complex user workflows and tasks
- Work with product managers to understand use case problems and create effective UI solutions
- Work closely with UI developers to collaborate in rapid design-build cycles
- Run appropriate qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Maintain and grow a library of design patterns for use in prototyping and UI specifications
- Solicit user feedback and be able to analyze, triage, and integrate feedback
- Expert knowledge of the complete design lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience designing web applications
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile a plus
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and design collaboratively in groups
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle, from requirements gathering to product launch
- A great portfolio of work. Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio along with your resume!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunch on Monday and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED