User Experience Designer AvePoint
User Experience Designer
Product Management | Jersey City, NJ, United States
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, helping more than 10,000 customers. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Application Development Partner and Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
AvePoint is currently seeking a creative User Experience Designer. User Experience Designer maintains the knowledge of emerging technologies and serves as Product Development's liaison to interdepartmental or interdivisional project initiatives. The successful candidate will design GUIs into visually compelling layouts with fluid navigation; adhere to enterprise GUI standards, and extend to business application requirements. This position also involves designing, prototyping and driving the implementation of screens for portals, or rich client interfaces.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of architects, product specialists, and development to help assess product requirements, create UI models, generate user task and interaction flows, document screen designs, and define user-interface interaction details
- Develop prototypes of designs, refining and changing them as needed, based on formal and informal usability tests
- Create flow charts of task flows and information architecture for the product features
- Establish a design pattern library to ensure consistency across the product
- Participate in the full lifecycle of product development, working with developers, testers, and product management
- Work closely with product management and marketing teams to understand the target-audience and market-place for new features
- Ensure product quality by applying usability techniques and testing methods at various points in the development process.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Design, Information Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Design, Architecture, Product Design, or related field such as Graphic Design
- 3 to 5 years relevant development experience
- Strong skills with GUI design tools (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, or other comparable HTML editors, as well as Illustrator, PowerPoint, and other tools)
- Strong understanding of programming languages and development tools (including ASP, HTML, Java Script, Silverlight, and Windows Presentation Foundation)
- Ability to create functional prototypes of web-based applications using Microsoft technologies
- Strong ability to intelligently analyze functional needs and collaborate with development and product management staff in order to design quality technical solutions
- Strong communication; analytical and interpersonal skills working with cross functional teams
- Familiarity with Sharepoint is a big plus
- Familiarity with usability testing methods
<< Back to Current Openings
||Jersey City, NJ |