Epocrates, an athenahealth company, is looking for human-centered experience designers who are passionate about healthcare and can create impact through all phases of design from high-level strategy to detailed execution. Our current focus is on design for mobile applications on smartphones and tablets for iOS and Android.
We are growing our UX team in the Bay Area led by our new Vice President of UX, Abbe Don. We are looking for top-notch UX design generalists who move fluidly across design research, interaction design, and visual design in order to create beautiful and elegant apps to support the decisions made by doctors and their care teams in moments of care. Our team works with a cross-functional product team to make sure we design the right thing and then we design it right.
Do you have a passion for solving complex design problems, and for designing innovative solutions that balance your well-honed design intuition with the day-to-day needs of health care professionals in multiple contexts? Do you have a contemporary, savvy design sensibility that uses clever behavior cues, subtle transitions, sophisticated use of typography and color, or new data visualization techniques to make apps easier to use for our customers and to communicate new possibilities to the wider experience design community? Do you thrive when working on critical business challenges at a fast pace on small cross-functional teams that deliver products quickly to market? Do you take pride working collaboratively with product management and engineering every day?
We're looking for a user experience (UX) design professional to significantly contribute to the top mobile app for physicians on smartphones and tablets. We are also integrating with the innovative cloud-based applications and capabilities of athenahealth's award winning practice management and electronic health record software to create solutions that are â€œbetter togetherâ€ with the combined power of Epocrates and athenahealth. If you have an impressive track record in designing usable and elegant mobile applications that empower people to make decisions quickly and you are excited by designing for stakeholders across the US healthcare ecosystem, we want you to join our quest to make healthcare work the way it should.
- Deeply understand target customers' needs, motivations and behaviors in delivering health care in multiple contexts from individual physician practices to large medical centers, from care in the office to care on the go.
- Collaborate with product management, development, and in-house clinical teams to balance customer needs, business goals and technical constraints within the allotted development time frames.
- Produce design artifacts at the appropriate level of fidelity such as sketches, wireframes, interaction flows, prototypes, and visual design mock ups as needed to support brisk, productive cross-functional exploration, prioritization and usability assessments.
- Rapidly and collaboratively devise design approaches that balance time and technical constraints with users' needs for efficient interactions in moments of care.
- Articulate design drivers and design intent quickly and effectively. Recognize the best design ideas and be willing to modify your approach for the best overall project outcome. Prioritize concerns and advocate for solutions according to their importance in delivering users' success, focusing the most energy on the most critical tasks and workflows while still creating best-in-class apps and experiences.
- Build effective, collaborative working relationships with product management, development and in-house clinical teams.
- Be prepared to work collaboratively across geographic locations.
- Shift easily among projects in a variety of size and scope, from incremental improvements to new product development.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a professional user experience designer, interaction designer, visual interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
- Outstanding portfolio showing hands-on UX track record: sample artifacts with a discussion of business challenges, constraints, achievements and you specific contribution if part of a collaborative team.
- Experience designing mobile applications on iOS and/or Android.
- Current knowledge of mobile and related technology, tools and trends.
- Deep familiarity with current design trends and techniques.
- Ability to guide complex features from initial concept to production and post-launch evaluation.
- Excellent visualization skills with the ability to articulate concepts.
- Ability to create high-fidelity prototypes to rapidly explore ideas and complex interactions in the context of the overall product.
- Experience with both structured and agile development processes.
- Track record as a team player who knows how to work with diverse stakeholders and world-class developers.
- Ability to work proactively, with limited direction, and manage projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment..
- Knowledge of /experience in healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- BA/BS required, with focus in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design. Masters degree or PhD in any of the above disciplines strongly preferred.
Please include the link to your portfolio on your resume.
User Interface Designer, User Experience Designer, User Experience, Design Thinking, Human-Centered Design, HCI, Human Computer Interaction, Information Architect, Interaction Designer, HCI Jobs, UI Jobs, UX Jobs, IxD Jobs, IxD.
|Location:||San Mateo, CA |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403