User Interface Engineer Appriss
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DescriptionSummary
Direct responsibilities of the User Interface Engineer include IVR script and template configuration, test plan development and execution, hand off to deployment or project team, log error and script error troubleshooting, data analysis, user acceptance testing. UI Team interacts with product development team to improve end-user experience. Role includes some customer interaction.
o Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Programming or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Experience with programming and relational databases.
o Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail and systematic approach to completing tasks.
o High willingness and ability to learn, consistently repeat, and document detailed processes.
o Good problem-solving skills and ability to work creatively within a fairly restricted framework of system requirements and project timeframes.
o Ability to engage fully and work cooperatively with colleagues from a variety of disciplines.
Helpful / Preferred
o Experience with SQL database query writing, html, and conditional logic preferred.
o Ability to perform data analysis related to troubleshooting automated systems helpful.
Functions and Responsibilities (?in addition to other duties as assigned)
1. Exhibit behavior consistent with the Appriss ?I CARE? values.
2. Configure User Interfaces in assigned mediums ? includes script and template configuration via in-house GUI tools.
3. Assist in design of project user interfaces through understanding of system requirements, project data, and end-user needs.
4. Test script configurations in assigned mediums ? includes development of test plans and test data -- consistent with project?s data layout -- and message verification.
5. Creates, evaluates and modifies prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
6. Develops and applies software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems.
7. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems.
8. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations.
9. May produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product in development.
10. Manage assigned project milestones within established guidelines and timeframes.
11. Take responsibility for learning how to use Appriss UI tools and make suggestions to improve the functionality of these tools.
12. Includes some general administrative and organizational duties such as task tracking, project planning, and reporting time estimates to UI manager.
13. Assist UI team in providing excellent service to Appriss customers and departments
14. Contribute to improving the user experience of existing Appriss products and to ensuring best practices in Appriss? User Interface systems.
15. Assist Public Safety Group in problem-solving and team-building efforts.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
||10401 Linn Station Road |
Louisville, KY 40223
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED