UX Designer for Crimson The Advisory Board Company - Crimson
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We're seeking problem solvers and ping pong players. Food truck connoisseurs and champions for the user. People who question and people who ponder. We want an ally that makes us better. We want someone who's going to create real change in an industry that matters to everyone.
Be that change. Join our "mission beyond commerce."
Finding the cliched design rockstar is not hard in this market. But we're a fussy bunch at Crimson. We don't want egos. We want exceptional UX Designers. We want Architects. So we breed our own.
Are you a talented Junior to Senior UX Designer looking for that next step? Are you highly motivated? Do you want to listen, learn, and collaborate? Do you want coaching inside a profitable growing company - one with all the passion & culture of a startup? Do you want your work to have merit beyond commerce? Well then we want you.
Embedded within a product team and mentored by its principal UX Designer you'll expand your knowledge of user-centered principles as well as visual and interaction design techniques as you learn to craft and evangelize a compelling user experience for healthcare providers. Most importantly, while collaborating with product managers, engineers and other designers you'll develop the leadership skills required to architect our future products.
Along with your resume, please submit a link to a portfolio that highlights your most relevant and compelling work. Please note that part of our evaluation process will include a small design exercise.
- At least two years web design experience or robust portfolio
- Portfolio with evidence of modern web design projects
- Proficiency with an Adobe design tool such as Fireworks or Photoshop
- Capable of translating basic requirements into user interface designs
- Ability to prototype designs at varying levels of precision -ranging from wireframes to high fidelity (pixel perfect) mockups
- Comfortable providing time estimates and accepting feedback loops
- Working knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Proven collaboration skills but also a resourceful self-starter that can work independently with simple instruction
- Understands how the web works
- Past experience in enterprise software and or health care
- Experience with developing personas, information architecture, workflows, interaction models, and or user research
- Comfortable with a highly iterative lean/agile methodology
- Curiosity for user experience and crafting products that delight
- Exceptional visual talent, obsess over the details, every pixel counts
Crimson is a software development organization based in Austin, Texas focused on helping health care professionals better serve patients through actionable insights that improve care delivery. Currently, one-third of all U.S. inpatient hospital admissions flow through our technology. We have offices in D.C., Ann Arbor, San Francisco, and Chennai. We're a division of The Advisory Board Company, we're growing fast, and we're on a mission.
Our culture is all about loving what you do, giving back to our communities, and getting stuff done. We like each other, support each other, and share a mission to deliver products that make a real difference in health care quality - all in an environment that gets out of our way, lets us collaborate and have plenty of fun. We're a passionate group always looking for smart people, fellow innovators, and creative rebels who will give 100 percent. In exchange, we'll give you some fantastic perks:
- Immediate eligibility for comprehensive benefit programs
- Access to conferences and training
- Flexible hours and plenty of paid vacation
- MacBook Pros, large flat panels, Apple accessories, CS5 Design Premium, prototyping software, modern development tools, analog sketch tools and more
- Darts, ping-pong, gym, stocked beverages, cable TV, wellness room and more
- Brand new ultra modern office, no boring cube farms
- Austin casual, no dress code
Austin American-Statesman Top Work Places 2010 & 2011. The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're seeking problem solvers and ping pong players. Food truck connoisseurs and champions for the user. People who question and people who ponder. We want an ally that makes us better. We want someone who's going to create real change in an industry that matters to everyone.
Be that change. Join our "mission beyond commerce."
Profitable Self Funded All Jobs: at The Advisory Board Company - Crimson
|Headquarters:||12357 Riata Trace Parkway|
Building 7, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78727
|Company Profile:||A division of The Advisory Board Company, Crimson is an Austin, Texas based software development company whose primary focus is combining business intelligence technologies, proven implementation strategies, and an agile startup mentality to deliver solutions for managing a health care system's performance. Crimson's enterprise web-application products are developed in partnership with health systems and physicians who are seeking to better align their operational & strategic goals with care quality and prevention. We provide comprehensive products for managing physician quality across a health system, improving patient care, clinical practice management, reducing patient population's health risks, and driving physician referrals. Our products are currently deployed at more than 700 hospitals, engaging more than 200,000 physicians nationwide, and analyzing data for more than 35 million patients.|
Support The Advisory Board Company - Crimson with Social Media services