UX/UI Designer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We have an opening for a UX/Designer on the engineering teams responsible for Splunk's Developer Platform and Microsoft Solutions in Seattle, WA. Splunk's developer platform provides open APIs that enable developers to plug into Splunk's map/reduce data processing pipeline, storage technology and management facilities. Learn more at http://dev.splunk.com. ; Splunk's Microsoft solutions enable organizations of all sizes to achieve operational intelligence through compelling visualizations exposing the power of Splunk to aggregate and correlate myriad, complex data. Learn more at: www.splunk.com/microsoft
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Lead the design and U/X efforts for Splunk's developer tools and Microsoft solutions
- Design highly interactive user experiences in web-based products
- Develop UI mock-ups, storyboards, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Work directly with developers to ensure designs are implemented as effective user experiences
- Participates in usability testing, developing user experience standard and requirements
- Collaborate with customers and product managers to gather requirements and feedback
- Enjoy wearing multiple hats and thrive in a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Focus on getting things done while being process aware; maintain a â€œdo whatever it takesâ€ attitude
- Communicate clearly and thoughtfully with coworkers and customers
- Don't follow! Lead! Help establish new and/or improve existing software development workflows as necessary
We are growing fast! For the right candidate this position can be a lead or converted to a leadership role.
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio
- Familiarity with the visual presentation of data is desired
- Detail-oriented, well organized and solid writing skills
- Professional experience in software/startup companies as well as in big-company product development or IT environments.
Education: Got it!
- B.S. or advanced degree in a technical field
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED