Vacuum Furnace (Brazing) Oven Operator (1st shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Vacuum Furnace (Brazing) Oven Operator (1st shift)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- The Braze Technician will assemble, braze, and heat treat parts according to applicable work instructions and specifications.
- Set up and operate hardware in the vacuum furnace and install T/C's according to specific parameters.
- Set up components and assemblies for furnace processing including brazing, heat treating, and pyrolysis.
- Load the furnace and connects thermocouples, vacuum lines, and other plumbing to assemblies.
- Load and unload furnace runs of assemblies.
- Provide input to tooling design and assist with fabrication of necessary tooling.
- Assist with and/or install braze performs or alloy.
- Clean parts in preparation for welding or heat treating.
- Make suggestions on braze joint configurations and alloy selection.
- Check for leaks using mass spectrometer/helium leak detector.
- Maintain all production and furnace records in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain work area and equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance of the equipment including changing belts, filters and hoses.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years of experience with vacuum braze equipment.
- Experience working to Aerospace process standards.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. and meet physical requirements of repetitive manual motions, and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb in and out of furnace and ladders.
- Solid understanding of and experience with precision assembly.
- Excellent mechanical skills and experience with precision inspection utilizing calipers, micrometers, and other gauges, tools and equipment.
- Experience with high-vacuum systems and thermocouples.
- Ability to maintain all production and furnace records in an accurate and timely manner and maintain work area and equipment.
- Assist in other production areas as needed.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Contribute to company initiatives in the areas of safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivation and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work unspervised.
- Ability to work various shifts when required.
- Ability to work on weekends when required.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED