Do you want to look forward to Monday mornings? You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is a one of the fastest-growing enterprise cloud-based application companies in the world.Â Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, our applications are designed for global enterprises to manage complex and dynamic operating environments.Â We completed a highly successful IPO in October 2012 and are now traded on the NYSE:WDAY.
Are you smart, curious, and fearless? Do you like solving problems, building relationships, and driving new business?Â Do you value independence, flexibility, collaboration, and team camaraderie?Â If you answered, âYes!â to these questions, then you should consider a career as a Value Management Consultant at Workday.
Workday's Value Management practice is a business consulting organization that works closely with Workdayâs prospective and current customers. Â We help prospective customers build compelling business cases for change; and we work with current customers to measure and increase the value realized from their Workday applications.
While this is a consulting role, it differs from traditional management consulting roles in several ways.Â For starters, you will enjoy direct customer interaction and an immediate impact on Workdayâs business.Â Further, travel to customer sites is typically âday tripsâ and you are in control of your own travel schedule.Â Travel for our Value Managers averages roughly 30%.Â Finally, the Value Manager role opens up a wide variety of career opportunities at Workday.
- Manage value consulting engagements with prospects and customers
- Manage and structure consulting engagements to meet customer needs
- Articulate Workdayâs business value proposition in a highly compelling manner
- Drive discovery interviews with senior customer and IT stakeholders
- Develop and deliver highly engaging presentations to senior business audiences
- Conduct quantitative analysis, ROI modeling, and benchmarking
- Collaborate closely with customer teams throughout the engagement process
- Manage internal relationships with Workdayâs Sales and Service teams
- Build innovative thought leadership and value-selling tools
- Deeply curious about business, highly motivated to have an impact on customers, and broadly interested in variety of customers/industries
- 3-5 years functional experience in a Management Consulting, IT Consulting, Sales, Account Management, Financial Analysis, or similar function
- Domain expertise in Enterprise Software is a plus but not required
- Strong consulting skill-set, including excellent discovery, analysis, quantitative modeling, listening, and communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to executive audiences
- Excellent deliverable creation and editing skills (typically in PowerPoint)
- Understanding of software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward
- Good sense of humor coupled with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- âGet it doneâ mentality - willingness to roll up the sleeves in a fast-paced, highly varied environment
- Drive and motivation to take on additional responsibilities over time
- Ability to work independently and creatively
- Willingness to travel to customer sites; average of 30% travel; typically âday trips;â you control personal travel schedule
- Bachelorâs degree required; MBA encouraged
Â Career Path:
- Value Management provides a flexible starting point for a successful career in the high technology industry
- Given the immediate customer interaction opportunity, this is a great role in which to learn about the enterprise software customer life-cycle and launch a career in a variety of customer-facing functions
- Value Managers can progress to roles with increasing responsibility within Value Management
- In addition, Value Managers are highly visible to leadership and are highly sought after for internal transfers to other functional roles
- Value Managers, for example, have transferred into roles within Sales Strategy & Operations, Sales Management, Product Strategy, and Professional Services