Vehicle Quality Audit Manager Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile
Vehicle Quality Audit Manager (Fremont, CA)
This position will lead a team of engineers and test technicians to continuously audit the quality of vehicles leaving Fremont production. In addition, this team will be responsible for conducting vehicle burn-in tests to assure infant mortality defects are identified and addressed on production vehicles before delivery. This role will also be responsible for reviewing JD Power's assessments and customer reviews of Tesla vehicles and will identify key areas requiring improvement. Finally, this group will work with all other functions to prioritize improvement projects and to drive root cause and corrective actions to address issues.
The successful candidate for this position must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing, quality and supply chain across a wide variety of issues. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
- Set up procedures, criteria and metrics for Global Customer Audit of Tesla vehicles.
- Form team of quality audit engineers and technicians to conduct quality audits and burn-in.
- Train team and develop tools to improve the objectivity of customer audits and burn-in tests.
- Work with production and quality to schedule global customer audit of vehicles and to schedule own team to meet production needs.
- Maintain database and metrics to track quality and infant mortality reliability of vehicles over time.
- Manage team to conduct burn-in of vehicles in terms of drive performance, charge performance and other features to assure initial quality before delivery to customers.
- Work with JD Powers and conduct surveys or working groups of customers working with marketing to collect information on features of Tesla vehicles that are in need of improvement.
- Work with management teams to prioritize improvement projects to improve JD Power's and customer satisfaction with Tesla vehicles.
- Lead projects with cross functional teams to execute on improvement projects.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of automotive experience with at least 5 years in a Customer Audit or Quality role.
- Experience working with JD Powers evaluations and driving quality improvement projects.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing test procedures and metrics to monitor progress.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving using disciplined methodology to address complex problems.
o Preferred Six Sigma Black Belt or other problem solving methodology.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in managing teams of engineers and technicians
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (10%).
||Fremont, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED