Tesla Motors is breaking the mold and paving the path to change the way the world looks not only at alternative energy vehicles, but also at the paradigm of human transportation. Our zero tailpipe emission products do not compromise on performance, luxury, nor utility. Neither do we compromise on the people that make our products happen.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
- You must have a genuine passion for engineering electric vehicles. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult. There are much easier jobs.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, a fun work environment and the chance to make a real contributory impact on the world.
As a Vehicle Test Technician, you will work as a member of Tesla's Vehicle Test Group to support vehicle level testing for Safety, Reliability, Performance and Homologation tests performed in-house and at external test labs. The primary objective of this role is to maintain and assure safe and reliable performance of test vehicles and conduct vehicle level tests in accordance with Tesla test procedures. The successful candidate for this position must have a broad background in automotive maintenance and testing.
The successful candidate for this position must have a broad background in automotive vehicle level testing to support safety, reliability, durability, performance and homologation requirements. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships with Tesla engineering and test teams, outside test labs and others within and outside Tesla.
- Configure, set up, maintain, diagnose and sign off on vehicles for safe on-road testing
- Create vehicle level test plans and conduct test trips according to plan
- Work with external test labs to inspect and maintain test vehicles during testing
- Specify and source vehicle instrumentation
- Design and create custom test fixtures for data acquisition equipment
- Instrument vehicles for data acquisition
- Conduct vehicle level tests according to Tesla test plans and procedures, record & analyze data, document and report results
- Conduct vehicle and component tear downs after test completion to discover issues generated during testing, document and report results
- Design, develop and validate Tesla vehicle level test procedures
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or Automotive OEM Test Technician Training and equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of automotive experience as an Automotive Test Technician with extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicle.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, and shop equipment, for the servicing automobiles.
- Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment.
- Ability to instrument vehicles with thermal couples/accelerometers/strain gauges/pressure sensors/etc., and operate data acquisition systems (VBox, SoMAT eDAQ, LMS) for data collection.
- Must have valid driver's license in addition to experience and ability to tow car hauler and other large trailers to transport test vehicles and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 60% travel).
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|