Vendavo Business Consultant-Chicago Vendavo
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Vendavo Business Consultant - Chicago
Who we are:
Vendavo is the leader in front-line profit optimization. We help companies be more profitable by delivering simple, actionable guidance to the front lines, enabling salespeople to negotiate confidently and sell more profitably. Vendavo is the solution trusted by some of the largest companies in the world, including 3M, IBM, Ford, Dow, Office Depot, Philips, Dell, and Newell Rubbermaid.
Come be part of the team that enables Vendavo to enter a new phase of growth!
For our Business Consulting positions, we are looking for a candidate with a combination of pricing knowledge & experience (e.g. Pricing Director/Manager, Product Manager, etc.), strong technology skills, and confidence in leading discussions and meetings with our clients. The Business Consultant is instrumental in every stage of the customer interaction. Working with the Account Executive, the Business Consultant helps to assess customers' pricing processes, recommend improvements, develop a business case, and deliver a solution vision and proposal.
Business Consultants facilitate structured discovery processes, analyze and shape client needs, build compelling value cases, demonstrate solution capabilities, inject best practice advice to maximize and ensure client value realization. In addition, Business Consultants provide thought leadership and create content on topics including industry and pricing best practices.
The location is flexible, and this role can be home-office based. This role will involve frequent customer and partner interaction; require frequent travel (average of 50%) and the ability to explain technical concepts and designs to both commercial and IT personnel.
What you will do:
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Evaluate customer business requirements by performing opportunity assessments and pricing process, tools, and capability assessments
- Communicate/demonstrate a client-specific value proposition and gain the confidence of client senior operating executives
- Develop selling proposition, sales presentation content, and develop/articulate requirements for client-specific custom demonstrations
- Develop business case (ROI) analysis for proposed software and services project
- Analyze post go-live benefits and fulfillment of value proposition
- Develop and maintain content around pricing best practices including industry-specific pricing best practices, in the form of public presentations, webinars, blog articles, internal documents and demo/presentation scripts.
- 5+ years prior experience in a position responsible for aspects of Pricing, or comparable experience in Management Consulting.
- Exposure and comfort with areas such as statistics, operations research, data analysis, and optimization is a strong plus.
- MBA, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research degree highly desirable
- This position will frequently lead key meetings with clients' executives, so a strong executive presence is key.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in particular the ability to present complex concepts in an organized, accessible and articulate manner to both commercial and technical audiences
- Analytical in approach with the ability to map customer requirements into solution vision and application demonstration scenarios
- The discipline to work alone as well as the ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performance team
- Prior experience in technical sales or sales engineer role a plus
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED