Versatile Software Engineer for Health Tech Startup HealthLoop
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED At HealthLoop, the code you write helps people recover from surgery faster. Be developer #4 at one of the hottest health tech startups in the Bay Area! We're a dynamic, diverse group who love to have fun, produce cool stuff and use interesting technology.
We're looking for a software engineer to join the team as we expand and improve our web application, and design and build the next phase. Here's what we're doing now:
- Expand the existing Backbone.js / Ruby on Rails / PostgreSQL platform
- Build new features and capabilities to make every aspect of our application world class
- Design and build awesome experiences for clinicians and patients
- Analyze usage, business and algorithmic data to make our business and our application even smarter
You should be something like this:
- You're a self-starter and love to figure out challenging problems
- You want to make a difference in peoples' lives
- You've got 3-5 years experience in building web applications
- You either know Ruby on Rails, or want to learn and are capable of learning quickly
- People think you're weird, which makes them want to hang out with you
- You have a favorite UNIX shell, and can tell me why it's better than the others
- You take responsibility for your own work, and you use your work as an opportunity to learn
- You know SQL.
HealthLoop employees get salary + benefits and stock options, and a fun work environment with great people, happy hours, oxford commas, and weekly lunches on us. Send a resume, and/or your github URL, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll be expected to show a code sample, that you've written, that you're proud of.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
HealthLoop is an automated patient follow up solution that tracks recovery and improves outcomes by engaging patients with their doctor between visits.
Beta Test / Clinical Trials
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Canvas
, Subtraction Capital All Jobs: at HealthLoop
San Jose / Mountain View, CA 94043
|Company Profile:||In the U.S. healthcare system, there are effective methods for diagnosing and treating patients, but not for following up with patients.
HealthLoop's 'Early Warning System' helps doctors identify patients at risk of decline throughout the follow up period.
Problem: When a physician recommends treatment and sends a patient home, (s)he does not know whether the patient is doing as instructed, or is recovering as expected. The patient does not know how to interpret new symptoms and when to communicate with the doctor. As a result, there are sub-optimal outcomes, patient frustration, and increased healthcare costs.
Solution: HealthLoop's HIPAA compliant SaaS platform and library of configurable electronic follow up protocols (Loops) enable medical practices to efficiently monitor signs and symptoms, and communicate with patients during the recovery process. Developed by physician specialists, Loops collect patient feedback and monitor status against expected progress. Alerts sent to the physician or provider when data indicate that a patient is at risk of treatment failure, complication, or hospital readmission.|
Support HealthLoop with Social Media services