Vice President, Engineering eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Vice President, Engineering
Vice President, Engineering
Software Engineering | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people's lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We're the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
eHarmony is looking for a solution-oriented Director/VP of Engineering who can drive projects from inception to completion and provide leadership to a fast paced engineering team at a high-profile, nationally recognized, very profitable, pre-IPO Internet company. We are highly interested in natural tech leaders with the ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and who love to learn new technologies.
- Provide overall leadership, vision, direction, and strategy for the software development organization while ensuring business objectives and customer expectations are met.
- Build and nurture a software development team that embraces innovation, creativity, quality and reliability including product applications, technologies, infrastructure and tools.
- Provide strategic direction of technical, architectural and design efforts.
- Drive efficiencies in the development team through the use of Agile tools, processes (Scrum, Kanban), and effective resource management.
- Manage delivery of multiple and concurrent product releases.
- Strive for excellence in customer experience, technology, methodology, and execution.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for backend infrastructure, performance, and feature requests.
- Interface with engineering teams to direct code development, assess risk and ensure best practices across teams.
- Work with Quality Assurance on proper acceptance tests and automation
- BS degree plus 10+ years of experience with technology and/or product development; OR Masters degree in a technical discipline plus 8+ years of experience with technology and/or product development.
- 7+ years of people management experience.
- Pro-active problem solver, seeking out risk/conflicts/scheduling issues
- A strong sense of leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated experience working with enterprise SaaS web applications
- Must be hands on with code to troubleshoot, code review and mentor developers
- Experience working with NOSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with distributed caching solutions
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Flexible, pragmatic, innovative, and open-minded
We are very passionate about what we do here, and at the same time have fun doing what we love.
- Excellent verbal, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- A proven track record of delivering large-scale and high traffic consumer facing, highly available systems and quality software products or components
- Experience managing offshore teams
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to solve problems and deliver results
We work with latest technologies. Tech stack includes: Java, Groovy/Grails, Hibernate, Spring 3, Oracle DB, MongoDB, Voldemort, Neo4J, HornetQ, Node.js, Hadoop and more...
||Software Engineering, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED