Vice President, Product Management Narrative Science
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job opening ID26
Roles and responsibilitiesThe Vice President, Product Management is a newly created position at Narrative Science and will have primary responsibility for focusing the company?s core technology into a suite of products based on market need, scalability, and commercial opportunity. The VP of PM will be a key member of the executive team working in close collaboration with engineering, marketing and sales to drive the process for defining and executing the company?s product vision.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned Product Management leader with a strong commercial focus and significant experience delivering successful B2B SaaS products to market.
The Vice President, Product Marketing will be responsible for:
Establishing a Market-Based Approach to Product Management
- Clearly define the market landscape.
- Create vertical and horizontal solutions with potential for scale.
- Identify market opportunities that leverage Narrative Science?s existing competitive advantage, IP, assets and relationships.
- Develop commercialization strategies from unique, proprietary IP.
- Channel world class thinking / research in the field of Natural Language Communication into great products.
Lead Product Strategy
- Own the product roadmap. Work with the senior management team to drive the overall product vision and strategy of the company.
- Provide peer leadership across various groups throughout the company including sales, marketing and engineering.
- Lead the company?s annual strategic planning process.
- Create an exceptional team of Product Managers and UX Designers.
- Recruit, retain and develop a deep bench ensuring the continuity of the business.
- Identify key performance metrics and implement processes for measuring success.
- Financial objectives, release/development schedules and milestones.
- Oversee all product planning including the development and constant refinement of an agile product management process.
Be the Voice of the Customer and Marketplace
- Regularly meet with customers to hear product feedback and gain insight into potential products.
- Drive communication of market feedback to engineering regarding product features, functionality and enhancements.
- Actively participate in relevant industry events.
Skill setFunctional Expertise
- Previous successful experience leading Product Management teams in connection with enterprise class complex software applications, including SaaS products.
- Proven ability to successfully launch new products into a new category.
- Previous accountability for financial performance of a product.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills to both internal and external stakeholders including board-level presentation experience.
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and partners ? communicate product strategy and gather/interpret market feedback.
- Ability to understand the ROI of a given project and effectively communicate the information across the company.
- Previous experience as part of the executive team of a company during a period of rapid growth.
- Previous successful tenure in the one or more of the following industries: FinTech, Enterprise Software or Data/Analytics.
- Previous experience with Natural Language Generation and Natural Language Processing is desirable.
- Maintain a well-established network and be perceived as in industry expert.
- Driven to succeed. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high growth venture.
- A high level of intelligence, able to grasp and solve complex business issues quickly and creatively.
- An authentic belief in the company?s vision, business model and ability to succeed.
- Highest ethical standards consistent with the policies and values of the company.
Work experience10+ Years
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED