Virtual External Field Instructor 2U, Inc.
Virtual External Field Instructor/Virtual Academic Center
MSW Program, USC School of Social Work
Open, all supervision is done virtually
MSW degree and LCSW or equivalent licensure
5 years post graduate experience
Has served as an MSW field instructor for two (2) academic years and has experience in teaching, student advisement and/or counseling at the University level in the following Social Work concentrations: Family and Children, Military Social Work, Community Organization and Planning (COPA), Mental Health
Ability to supervise multiple students (5-15) virtually (using phone and video conferences). Approximately 10-30 hours/week.
About the Position:
The VAC External Field Instructor (EFI) will be expected to meet weekly over the course of the academic year (2 semesters/30 weeks breaks between semesters vary) with assigned students to provide virtual supervision and mentorship. The EFI will impart knowledge and skills that meet the field education learning objectives set forth by the USC School of Social Work and CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) by way of a specific sequence of assignments, activities, and learning goals for the Foundation and Concentration year practicum. The EFI will work with students to learn and increase their mastery of the 10 Competencies set forth by CSWE.
The External Field Instructor engages students in a learning process that is intentional, active, organized, sequential, and individualized:
- Provides weekly virtual supervision/field instruction with students in Foundation or Concentration Year as assigned using the Learning Management System (LMS). Actively develops the relationship with the student by clarifying and establishing the roles, expectations and the framework for the relationship between the student(s) and the EFI. Weekly commitment 2-3 hours/student.
- Orients students to the professional system of the agency, including but not limited to the purpose of the agency, the community it serves, and its policies and procedures.
- Ensures agencies are prepared to identify appropriate individual, family and group case assignments.
- Carries the responsibility in planning, implementing, monitoring, documenting agency and student interactions (in contact management system) and evaluating the student's educational experience as articulated in the USC Field Education Manual.
- Works closely with Field Faculty Colleagues who serve as academic advisors to students.
- Assesses student progress and achievement through the use of the appropriate Foundation/Concentration Learning Agreement and Student Evaluation.
Will be determined on an individual basis based on a variety of factors including experience and student load.
||Landover, MD |