Visual Designer - Experience Quirky
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Company:
We are Quirky.
We make invention accessible.
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.
We exist to solve that problem.
We're looking for an amazing and passionate Senior UI Designer to join our team in NYC or San Francisco.
We are looking for a Visual Designer to join our Platform Experience Team in NYC. To be a Visual Designer at Quirky means you craft stunning visuals and highly engaging experiences. You are of the belief that quality is better than quantity and seek excellence and perfection in everything you do. You create success and you do it quickly.
- Conceptualize and develop user interfaces that create measurable engagement within a robust
and active community
- Work on products and features in close collaboration with other Digital Product Designers,
Software Engineers, Invention Ambassadors, Marketing Dept., and Creative Dept.
- Define UI and interaction components while ensuring scalability and reusability
- Communicate and present your and your team's work appropriately to the company and
- Create experiences that successfully accomplish and exceed appropriately set goals
- Craft experiences that make the complex and confusing the simple and understandable
- Assist in setting an overall strategic path for the platform and understand what your role is in
- Leverage data in a way that informs your design decisions
- Contribute your valuable skills to a very, very big movement
- Passion for what we are building at Quirky
- Absolutely stunning portfolio full of a wide range of visual styles
- Experience with or a deep understanding of the space and work to show it
- Dedicated and strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and superb organizational skills
- Clear, concise, and transparent communication style
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- A clear understanding of design-centered processes, proven methodologies for identifying and
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and JS
- Experience w/ testing multivariate methodologies (A/B, multivariate, etc.)
- Startup Experience
- Experience working on one or more highly-trafficked websites/mobile websites/native
- Front-end development experience
Check us out at www.quirky.com. Register if you have not already done so. Spend some time on our site/app understanding what we do. If you like what you see, please continue.
Submit your resume and application online along with a customized cover letter addressed to me, Steven Walker, telling me why you are right for Quirky and Quirky is right for you.
In order to be considered, you must provide link to your portfolio or some place we can view your work.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services