Visual / Interaction Mobile Designer Catch.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Catch.com, creator of mobile and web applications, is seeking a talented Visual / Interaction Designer to join our team.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is a maker and a do-er at heart who can execute quickly. Catch has a culture of iteration, not perfection.
- Has experience with and is genuinely intrigued by the challenges and constraints of mobile design and wants to make something really innovative.
- Is thoughtful and creative about consistent user interaction across smartphone, tablet, and browsers.
- Is willing and likes to create visual assets, primarily for our mobile applications and occasionally for our website, webclient, and marketing needs.
- Is able to work reliably without a lot of oversight and detailed direction.
- Is a strong visual designer with an eagle eye for spacing, typography and color. Your portfolio should show several examples of great Creative and UI design.
- Has a strong understanding of usability and UI/UX principles for touch input devices.
- Is not afraid of technology.
- Has experience creating a visual identity and is comfortable working within a brand
- Can check their design ego at the door.
You'll also be expected to:
- Attend and actively contribute to brainstorms and project meetings, most of which are informal and impromptu.
- Work well with engineering to push design to new levels of goodness while also understanding technical and device constraints.
- Value challenges. Mobile design is not easy.
-Strong understanding of user-centered design principles, current design, and interaction trends and be passionate about software products and obsess over their usability and visual design
-Strong written and spoken communication skills
-Highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
-Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
-Must enjoy collaborating and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts
-Must have experience designing for Android and iOS mobile devices as well as iPad
-Design for Android tablet is a plus!
-Sasoned portfolio that demonstrates innovative design and thinking
Please send a cover letter, resume and link to portfolio site. In the accompanying email, please include some info about yourself, why you like design and why you would like to be a part of Catch.
Catch is a free app designed to make sure you never miss an idea. Capture thoughts, photos and discoveries across all your devices and when you're ready, turn your ideas into action using simple, mobile collaboration. Millions have downloaded our apps, including Catch, AK Notepad and Compass. Catch.com was founded in 2008 and is on the cusp of a seismic shift driven by growth in smartphone use -- reinventing how people interact, collaborate and discover what's important to them.
We are small (12 people) start-up located in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco in a small but beautiful live-work condo.
Short walk from Cal-Train, the Montgomery BART/MUNI stop, and the 2nd and King MUNI stop (N and T lines).
Because we are a small start-up, each addition to our team has big impact.
-Free Monday breakfast and Thursday lunch
-Friendly team, casual environment
-Precious few meetings
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED