VP Application & IT Infrastructure Management Markets Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
This global role will provide strategic direction and tactical execution to promote Splunk's worldwide business in the application and infrastructure management markets. The successful candidate will bring years of industry experience, reputation and credibility to Splunk, and be the focal point for all of the company's initiatives to grow its business in this core market. He/she will lead a virtual go-to-market team across the company. This person will need to have a deep understanding of the technology and trends affecting this market, the business acumen to build strategies and plans, and the interpersonal skills to lead a team of people reporting dotted line across the organization. We expect this person will also play a key role working with customers and prospects and evangelizing in the marketplace.
The position reports to the SVP Worldwide Marketing.
Location: Preferably in San Francisco (HQ) or Cupertino CA
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Direct and oversee Splunk's overall strategy in the application and infrastructure management market.
- Ensure alignment across the functional resources-- Product Development, Product Management, Business Development, Marketing, Sales, System Engineers, Services and Support.
- Provide input on Splunk product direction, including our on-premise software and cloud/service offerings.
- Manage the go-to-market plans and resources.
- Report on core metrics including bookings of core platform and related applications and services.
- Evangelize in order to build the market's perception of Spunk as a thought leader in IT operational analytics and operational intelligence across application management and IT Ops, including application developers and DevOps organizations.
- Work with Business Development to foster partnerships that drive customer adoption, revenues and strategic relationships across the market landscape.
- Assume a leadership role in industry analyst relations and press briefings.
- Assist other departments with the hiring of the staff needed with the prerequisite market knowledge and domain expertise.
- Work with Sales Enablement to help ensure effective training for Splunk Sales, Technical Services and partners.
- Advise Splunk's CIO to implement technologies, policies and best practices, for Splunk internal systems.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- Deep IT Operations expertise with 10+ years of relevant experience across application and infrastructure management and strong knowledge of the major technologies and trends driving innovation in the industry-- mobile, private and public cloud, big data, server and desktop virtualization, SOA, SDNs, etc.
- Ability to develop product, marketing and business plans for the application and infrastructure management market.
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing in a direct and dotted line organizational structure
- Ideally will have experience and knowledge about Splunk.
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Industry certifications and credentials from SANS or ISC2 recommended
- Deep understanding of the application and infrastructure market-- technologies, vendors, services, SaaS and MSP delivery, Help Desks, industry trends, etc.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 750 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED