Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 1,100 talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in New Delhi, India, and London, England. Cvent has received a number of awards, including the 2013 Washington Business Journal Best Place to Work and 2013 Corporate Growth Award â€˜Company of the Year', which recognizes our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company's DNA.
We are seeking a VP/Director of Corporate Development to drive all stages of the acquisition process, including strategy setting, origination, valuation, due diligence, transaction and integration. The ideal candidate will have a broad-based technology, business and financially-oriented background with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing and unstructured environment. Proficiency in technical finance, valuation and business matters is expected.
- Accelerate Cvent's revenue through acquisitions
- Build the business case for acquisition targets, supported by strategic alignment, market context, business analysis and financial justification
- Execute portfolio acquisition program (pending and pipeline transactions); work with retained advisors and Sales VPs to originate deals for pipeline
- Project-manage and oversee due diligence efforts, transaction and integration activities
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in corporate development, including setting acquisition strategy with senior management
- Must have corporate acquisitions/operations experience. Ideal candidate also has banking or private equity experience. We will also consider a pure banking/PE background if majority focus has been in technology companies.
- Must have substantial track record of M&A closing experience in the technology/product industry and <$100m transaction range
- Experience with business integrations and post acquisition operations
- MB A from top school, preferred
*This position is based in our McLean, VA headquarters and we will only consider local candidates. Please do not apply if you are not local or you are not willing to relocate to the Northern Virginia area.
*Please submit a deal sheet in addition to your resume.
|Location:||McLean, VA |