VP, Human Resources - Domain Services Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
VP, Human Resources - Domain Services
Human Resources | Kirkland, WA, United States
If you are an experienced HR professional, who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and project-driven environment, this is an exciting opportunity to join our domain name services team in Kirkland, WA. We are a leading end to end domain name services provider, operating a platform that makes it easy for consumers and businesses to buy and sell domains.
This is also an opportunity to join a passionate and motivated team that is in the process of becoming a standalone public company. In February 2013, Demand Media announced that it was exploring the separation of its existing business into two independent, publicly-traded companies: a pure play media company and a pure play domain services company.
The majority of our existing Human Resources team will remain focused on the pure play media company, so this will be a key and exciting role on the domain services team as we execute this separation. We have lots to do, and we need someone who will embrace the challenge, appreciate the opportunity to add value, take ownership and deliver.
- Work with the Demand Media Human Resources team to identify and execute a transition roadmap as the Company executes its planned separation into two public companies.
- Work with the domain services management team to build and expand the organization to support standalone public company needs, including the following:
- Strategic planning and programs that enable the Company to effectively recruit, retain and nurture talented employees while also creating a team oriented culture.
- Development, communication and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures ensuring that we are in full compliance with applicable laws, standards and government regulations.
- Management and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Advise management of best practices regarding employer and employee issues including, but not limited to, benefits, performance reviews, managerial skills and compensation.
- Build and adapt programs to ensure the new standalone company continues to be an employer of choice.
- Working with legal counsel to ensure legal compliance affecting Human Resources function (i.e., OSHA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, Wage & Hour, Unemployment, OFCCP), as well as other related government regulations. Identifies issues and monitors compliance and acts as primary contact.
- 15+ years of HR Experience
- 8-10 years of progressive management and leadership experiences in HR, including running HR functions
- Bachelor's degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and leading HR functional areas: recruitment, compensation, employee relations, management coaching, organizational development
- Possess a strong working knowledge of the relevant compliance and regulatory issues
- Must be effective at influencing management
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Kirkland, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED