VP of Development Sentillion
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Category: Software Engineering: General Management
Job ID: 794181-80893
Caradigm is a new kind of health IT company formed by GE Healthcare and Microsoft. Our goal is to transform care by empowering health systems and providers with the real-time, system-wide data and intelligence needed to improve care quality and the patient experience, and ultimately, the economics of health and wellness.
Caradigm combines the power of an open technology platform and collaborative clinical applications to bring together disparate patient data and transform it into intelligence. We enable others in the industry to take advantage of the platform to innovate?rapidly generating a new era of applications to improve population management. Our goal is to make it easy for caregivers across the entire healthcare continuum to gain the insight they need to collaborate with ease and provide the best patient care possible.
This is a critical leadership role reporting to the CTO. You will be responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers across multiple sites to build the core platform for Amalga. The ideal candidate has experience in developing software products and would have gone through multiple product shipping cycles. Experience in building technology platforms, working with complex big data problems and developing application platforms is a plus.
The VP of Development will be responsible for all aspects of implementing our real-time business intelligence platform for healthcare. Amalga is a complex system that:
- Collects and aggregates information from many disparate data sources (HL7, XML, CSV and many others) into a core data asset,
- Enables incremental normalization of that data using semantic mapping, NLP and custom code in support of increasingly complex use cases,
- Exposes the information through industry-standard interfaces such as ADO.NET, OLEDB, OData and web services,
- Provides management tools and a robust runtime environment to develop and host business logic on top of this and other data, and integrates with Sharepoint to enable rapid creation of high-impact web-based user interfaces.
This position will require a rare combination of technical breadth and depth --- from a deep knowledge of SQL concepts at the bottom of the stack to an appreciation for modern user interface constructs at the top. Our end users include IT pros that need great deployment, management and monitoring tools; developers that work in Visual Studio and expect seamless integration with their development and debugging tools; nurses and clinicians that need tools that fit into their daily workflows; and patients that expect a high-end web experience. You will need to inspire and motivate a diverse and distributed development team, and work closely with your engineering and business peers to ensure you're building the right stuff.
This is an opportunity to develop innovation by working in a multi-site development team. You will have a chance to display and grow your cross group collaboration skills and in depth development process knowledge. In addition your role will be that of a Development Discipline leader globally to manage and grow our talent across multiple product units.
Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work across time zones are required in order to collaborate with teams across multiple domestic and international locations. In order to succeed in this role, you must have a passion and track record of working with teams to build innovative and easy to use products that solve real-world customer problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required
- 10+ years of management experience in software development
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Experience with vendor management, establishing budgets, and tracking expenditure
- Strong project planning and prioritization skills, with knowledge of project management methods, practices, and software
- Excellent verbal/written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work well within a diverse, geographically-distributed, multicultural environment and with varying levels of management
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Bellevue, Washington area.
- Healthcare experience is a plus but not required
||Redmond, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED