VP- US Contracts Solutions UnitedLex Corporation
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
This person will manage teams of legal and contracting professionals located in the Americas who provide contracting services for multi-national corporate customers. Provide training and quality assurance to the teams, bearing ultimate responsibility for client deliverables. Work with counterpart offshore teams as required to ensure seamless multi-shore delivery.
Assist sales with solutioning contract services to medium to large global corporate customers.
Customer facing, instilling customer confidence by demonstrating a good understanding of contracting processes and, the ability to transform their as-is state into a more efficient and cost effective to-be state using creative leveraging and shared services methodologies.
Own account strategy and development of additional business from existing clients; responsible for farming current accounts for new business and growing UnitedLex presence within existing clients. Ultimately responsible for P&L of all US Contracts engagements.
Management of Contracting Teams' whose responsibilities include:
1. Review and assessment of Requests for Proposals in coordination with cross-functional stakeholders.
2. Integrated within Procurement teams and in coordination with customer Legal Teams, review third party proposals ensuring compliance with requested terms, services, and deliverables.
3. Support third party supplier evaluation and final selection.
4. Outsourcing due diligence support, evaluation of transitioning third party agreements.
5. Execution and renegotiation of outsourced transitioned Third party agreements to include re-evaluation of terms and conditions, contract planning, key stakeholder coordination, renegotiation, contract redlining, and contract execution in coordination with Legal.
1. Integrated within the customer's Sales teams and in coordination with Legal, generate business terms and conditions for proposals using standard templates and generate bespoke language to suit an individual client solution.
2. Provide guidance and advice and proposal generation support as required for non-commercial proposal elements to include SoW, SLAs, Pricing, Licensing, etc. as agreed with sales teams.
General Contracting Responsibilities:
1. Unbiased risk assessment of proposals and contracts and, identification of risk mitigation strategies on behalf of Legal, Contracts, and Procurement governance structures.
2. Supplier facing negotiations to include defining negotiation strategy.
3. Assist Legal with contract drafting and execution.
4. Ensure Corporate Governance (including Delegations of Authority) is adhered during proposal to contract process and ongoing contract lifecycle.
5. Ongoing contract lifecycle management including obligation management.
6. Contract change control; ability to spot and suggest concrete contract changes based on customer's other contracts or general industry benchmarks or practices.
As a support to UnitedLex sales, personally represent UnitedLex Contracts in new business solutioning to include:
1. Evaluate UnitedLex' proposed customer's current contracting process to identify improvements to include, rationalization, leveraging, shared services, CLMS options and off-shoring opportunities.
2. Construct operational solutions to achieve process improvements.
3. Document and assist Sales with presenting solutions to customers, instilling confidence in UnitedLex's ability to deliver proposed solutions.
4. Transition new customer accounts, including training both onshore and offshore UnitedLex resources
5. Continuous identification of new services in existing customer accounts, including long range account development plans.
6. Growing revenue from existing clients to preset annual targets by identifying and designing new service offerings and/or leveraging existing offerings.
Experience and Skills
1. Conscious of quality and accuracy, high attention to detail
2. Excellent writing skills including proposal and contract drafting
3. Articulate and clear in communication, excellent negotiation skills
4. Good understanding and experience of dealing across cultures
5. Strong trustworthy character, able to represent the true and unbiased facts under pressure
6. An excellent team player with keen understanding of how to achieve goals through people at all levels in a matrix organization
7. Able to understand and create solutions for complex business issues
8. Strong and effective communicator, dispute resolution, executive interaction, customer and supplier negotiator, relationship management
9. Good business finance skills; keen commercial acumen with respect to the contracting lifecycle
10. Excellent customer facing skills including customer presentation
11. Ability to think strategically, and suggest out of the box solutions based on existing data and developing trends
12. Practical understanding of risk management principles and mitigation practices
1. 15+ years of contracting experience in Contract Management
2. 5+ years of senior management and client facing experience
3. Contacting experience in at least 2 Corporate industries
4. Strong academic credentials
5. Complex service contracting to include Service Level Agreements (SLA), Statements of Work (SoW)
6. Knowledge of major CLMS systems
1. Due diligence, transition and delivery contract management in the outsourcing contracting cycle or other large deals
2. Account strategy creation and/or ownership
3. Information Technology, Software License Agreements, and Telecoms contracting
4. Blue chip corporate background
5. High quality law firm training a plus
6. Procurement or major subcontract management
||Overland Park, KS |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED