Waste Water Treatment Technician
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Waste Water Treatment Technician to ensure pumps, mixers, blowers, vacuum equipment, and other waste water treatment equipment are functioning properly. Waste Water Treatment Technician monitors equipment for potential failures and may make minor repairs or adjustments as needed. He/She collects water samples and performs chemical analysis, has knowledge of California waste water regulations and requirements, environmental practices and procedures. The ideal candidate works well on both self-initiated projects as well as team projects. He/She takes pride in his/her analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail and appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate and maintain all required documentation and reports for waste water treatment system in strict accordance with applicable federal and California regulations.
- Operate pumps and valves to control and adjust flow and treatment process.
- Respond to hazardous material/chemical spills and releases in waste water treatment area.
- Monitor the performance of all equipment, gauges and charts in the treatment plant and pump stations.
- Manage and operate filter cake press.
- Record statistical data concerning plant operations.
- Operate, maintain and report malfunctions.
- Perform repairs concerning the wastewater treatment system.
- Maintain instrumentation and control equipment including recorders, flow meter and other water quality monitoring equipment.
- Create charts of lab test results for trend analysis and maintain accurate records.
- Collect samples and identify concentrations of chemical, physical or biological characteristics of wastewater required in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Evaluate data and write reports as required.
- Track and maintain adequate supply of treatment chemicals.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance programs for critical plant components.
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of CA waste water regulations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of acting in a decisive manner, use good judgment and take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Employee must be able to physically turn and rotate valves and regulators, lift up to 30 pounds and climb stairs.
- 1-3+ years of experience in waste water management activities.
- 2 years of college or technical train
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|