WEALTHCARE GENERALIST Financeware
JOB SUMMARY: Financeware Inc. dba Wealthcare Capital Management is seeking a candidate for a dual-purpose position with a firm that values highly multi-skilled, multi-function trained associates who have wide-ranging talents. The position includes working with our Financial Planning and Portfolio Operations groups in providing a variety of entry level responsibilities.
One aspect of this position includes a variety of supporting roles in Portfolio Operations:
- Preparing and managing client agreements and account set up and maintenance documents in coordination with financial advisors
- Reconciling portfolio to custodial records and creating and placing trades for managed client accounts
- Supporting data creation and report production for portfolio performance reporting
- Coordinating with Planning area on client cash activities and the correct portfolio determined by the clients' ongoing continuously advised personal Wealthcare plan.
The other key aspect involves working in the Planning area.
- Generating quality Wealthcare advice working with the firm's proprietary technology and processes based on client profiling data gathered by our financial advisors and third-party advisors whose clients we provide the same services as our own advisory clients.
- Ongoing monitoring and modifications to advice in order to give client sufficient confidence of exceeding their goals based on their priorities and tradeoffs among their goals
- Preparing quarterly Status Reports to reflect the client's progress over time.
From time to time there will be other responsibilities.
- Testing new third-party trading systems, internal sub-systems and other proprietary web-based planning process technology will be required.
- Testing our proprietary technology
- Once core competency in the Wealthcare advice process is achieved, assisting in training of co-workers and financial advisors.
- Occasional special projects.
The Portfolio Operations and Planning areas often have cyclical workloads that will determine which tasks will be primary activities for a given day, or series of days. Once fully trained, assignment to work in any of the areas described is possible.
REQUIREMENTS: Prior industry experience is a plus, but not a requirement as is a familiarity with various types of investment securities. Prior experience with planning, portfolio accounting and trading systems is highly valued, and more specifically Portfolio Center and Tamarac hands on experience. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail and solid math and Excel skills. We work in a team environment where skill flexibility and aptitude to cross-train with other areas of the firm is highly valued. College degree is strongly preferred. Within a reasonable period of being hired, the candidate must pass the Series 65 exam.
||Richmond, VA |