Web Developer - Marketing - Sprout Social Sprout Social
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Sprout Social's Engineering team is looking for a Developer who is dedicated to delivering on interactive marketing projects across our organization.
Companies like Adobe, Pivotal Labs, Google, Marvel, and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Here at Sprout, we thrive in a fast paced environment and utilize the latest technologies for the web. There is never a dull moment with this role. Roll up your sleeves and get ready to get down to work while learning something new everyday. If this is you, we'd love to talk with you.
- Working with visual designers to implement every fine detail and interaction on landing pages, microsites, emails, and all other interactive marketing materials
- Weighing-in on site architecture and help build out the technical vision for our web presence
- Helping execute on our SEO/SEM strategy and integrate SEO best practices
- Assisting with website performance monitoring to ensure that web properties have acceptable Time to Interact and Time to First Byte metrics
- Enhancing, updating, and maintaining existing web properties as needed, all under minimal supervision
- Thinking on your feet and be up for a daily challenge
Desired Skills & Experience
Come to the table with:
- At least 2+ years of experience developing multiple websites or contributing to one major project in a full time role
- Strong problem solving skills and high standards for usability
- Deep understanding of web design best practices; web app experience a major plus
- You have an eye for great design, typography, and composition
- Must have strong skills in clean, semantic HTML5 & CSS3 markup
- Knowledge of and desire to use modern web standards
- Ability to create cross-browser code
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques as well as best practices for mobile / touch devices
- Familiarity with a server side language, such as PHP
- Motivated, passionate, collaborative, team-oriented, and hungry to learn
We'd love to see:
- Familiar with some of the following: a templating language like Handlebars/Twig, LESS/Sass, Git, and Grunt/Gulp
- CMS Experience, especially with WordPress
- Website Performance monitoring tools (WebPageTest, New Relic Synthetics, Catchpoint)
- General understanding of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
-- An online portfolio that showcases recent work is required. Applications missing this requirement will not be considered. No exceptions.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between brands and consumers through elegant, powerful software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to the success of our clients and team members alike. Sprout is a team of very talented, dynamic, and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We're proud to be regularly recognized for software, product, company, and cultural achievements.
Our team's shared belief in Sprout's purpose makes our open, transparent, and friendly culture possible. We are proud that our team has built and maintained a culture that values each individual and their accomplishments, while continually moving us forward together. Our team makes everything possible at Sprout. To this end, we have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free annual Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: pre-tax transportation, disability, and life insurance programs
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being for our team
- You are well fed. Breakfast and lunch options onsite, more snacks and drinks than you can imagine.
- Growing corporate social responsibility that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- A culture of empowerment, openness, and fun
Sprout Social is unable to provide H-1B sponsorship.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sprout Social is changing the way businesses communicate.Investors: Lightbank
, NEA All Jobs: at Sprout Social
|Headquarters:||131 S Dearborn, 7th Floor|
Chicago, IL 60603
|Company Profile:||At Sprout Social, we embrace and revel in the fact that social media is a crucial component of brand and customer relationships. Our team of dedicated engineers, marketers, designers, product specialists and customer service professionals work tirelessly for our customers. Team Sprout also boasts a quirky and culturally diverse combination of personal characteristics and interests. From foodies to fearless travelers to amateur photographers, we share our stories and enrich each other's lives through teamwork, healthy competition and mutual respect. A sustained love of all things social guides us, day after day. Founded in 2010, Sprout is a private company backed by the venture funds of NEA and Lightbank.|
Support Sprout Social with Social Media services