Web Developer - R&D Department! Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Web Developer - R&D Department!
R&D | Austin, TX, United States
Web Developer - R&D Team
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Austin, Texas.
The Research & Development team constantly searches for new, innovative ideas to keep our company at the bleeding edge. From highly complex interfaces that need to surface large amounts of information to internal team members for rapid decision making to the smallest, funkiest apps, you'll have the chance to not just execute on someone else's ideas, but to come up with your own and see them become reality. Our small, inclusive, forward-thinking group is led by one of the most visionary thinkers you will ever meet. Large enough to offer a wide range of skills and viewpoints but small enough that everyone has the potential to make a huge impact, we value flexible thinkers, willing spirits, and an appreciation for doing something new and challenging each and every week.
We work in a lighthearted, collaborative environment that is diverse, open-minded, â€œintrapreneurialâ€, and above all, agile. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. Plus, you'll get to work in the lovely SoCo neighborhood of Austin, at our offices in the former Austin Opera House, Willie Nelson's old music venue. (Yes, we still have the stage.) Lunch at Threadgill's, Doc's Motorworks, Home Slice, or any of a dozen funky food trailers could be a daily event for you.
- Develop new e-commerce learning site that the R&D team is currently creating; any backend language can be used, at this developer's discretion
- Implement or design complete user-registration, payment processing and content delivery system
- Research, test, and implement the latest technologies and collaborate with the team on what you've discovered
- Interpret and transform UI/UX requirements and mockups, provided by teammate, into functional, high-performance JQuery, HTML/HTML5 / CSS layouts and make them work with the backend
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
- BS or BA degree in either a Business or Information Technology related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years of web development experience in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS2/3, and other up-and-coming web technologies
- The ability to use existing back-end server technologies (PHP/Python/Rails, etc.) to architect new solutions.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED